the "Ten-Minute-Tidy".
This is the new and improved version of "clean up before you go to bed". Give it a catchy name... set the timer (define the beginning and the end)... and work like mad together toward a common goal... and VOILA! The complaining and putt-zing around has greatly diminished. Accumulating clutter is more under control. I get to go to bed and wake up in the morning with out stepping all over yesterday's playtime. Love it. I know, probably lots of other seasoned moms have long been doing this with their kiddos and I should have been doing it long before. But, there are always things one knows to do, and does not do it. Now, I have implemented it and stayed consistent... and am enjoying the results.Other snazzy titles we've made that make ordinary things "cool"
- "little bit of this, little bit of that" supper ~ eating up a selection of leftovers and tidbits
- "pajama party"~ put on your pajamas before dinner in preparation for an early bed time
- "monkey mix"- this is a snack made up of all the tidbits of cereal, raisins, nuts, etc. that are almost gone. Mix them together into a trail-mix style snack-- quite popular at our house under the name "monkey mix"
5 comments:
Nice! I will have to remember this when we have kids.
Great idea! Do you think I can get Grandpa to do it?
i love this, tesa! what wise ideas. i'm stashing your clever thoughts away in my 'parenting notes' folder as soon as i'm done typing this. thank you, thank you!
If I'm not careful, Troy might try this on me! :-)
My little bit of this, little bit of that tasted very good for lunch today.
Post a Comment