Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quick takes from our school day...

J was dragging his feet over his spelling work today. Solution: pull out the scrabble tiles. Instead of pencil work, he completed his answers using scrabble tiles. After I checked and starred his answers he swiped them away to spell the next word. (Added bonus: drill math skills- he wanted to see which word scored the highest points!)
Little sis crawled up and busied herself trying to spell her name. She successfully located all the D's...but she was confused why they have a little "2" on them instead of a "3"...because, she is three, you know.

In science, we have begun our exciting unit on chemistry. After a discussion on protons, neutrons, and electrons... N, in all seriousness, looked at me and asked "Do we have any croutons? This is making me hungry."

We wrapped up our day by joining some friends for a fall harvest-y project involving pumpkins, dried beans, and rafia. They turned out cute. What fun to have some fall decor for our window sill!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness... priceless!!

Amy said...

I LOVE the Scrabble tiles to practice spelling- DEFINITELY going to use that one!
The pumpkins are awesome, too! Might have to do that as well! :)
Thanks for the great ideas!

Anne said...

I like the scrabble idea too! I think I'm going to incorporate that into my lessons next week.