Saturday, September 19, 2009

Project Pumpkin

We have had so many beautiful blossoms on our pumpkin vines. I love their huge bright orange flowers.

Despite all the blossoms, I was not finding any fruit. For a while, I was sadly certain I would not have any pumpkins to place on my front step this fall.

All summer I have been watching... Just two weeks ago I discovered three pumpkins hiding among the vines. They have grown very quickly... and if they continue to grow at this rate, they will be large and great specimens by October.


Then, just yesterday, I discovered another baby pumpkin! This makes four. Hooray-- one for each kiddo. As an experiment, we will measure it's circumference every few days to see how fast it grows.

baby pumpkin, day 1:

4 1/2 inches

2 comments:

John and Teresa said...

Fun! I would love to grow pumpkins someday!

Anonymous said...

That was really cute about the "D" not having a 3 because D. is three. I think maybe Scrabble would be on a more even playing field if the letter of your name had the points of your age. Well, at least for those under 50. For those over 50 the points would hope to be at your next birthday. Actually 63 sounds pretty good.

Uncle Harold