Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Training them up...

...to be "workers at home"---Titus 2 style.
I'm striving to make this a conscious effort on my part.

Daily chores can serve many purposes: build life skill, attention to detail, cultivate servant hearts, developing cheerful workers...

But I find it starts with MY attitude.

A ten minute job, like washing a load of dishes, can easily take fourty five minutes with the "help" of a two and four year old.


I'm reminding myself that doing things like this with my children-- surpasses the temperal benefits of a clean counter. "Training them up" is cultivating hearts with eternal purpose.



I'm thankful for the patience and joy the Lord blessed me with in training my girls today.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome post, Tesa! So TRUE! I was reminded of this last night as I was making a rhubarb pie and the girls were helping. I love to get things done quickly and done right- but we settled for much "loved" crust- dough that had been overworked by little hands on the rolling pin! It crumbled and had to be pieced together to put on top- but they had so much fun and it was a joy to have them "working" with me! I'm looking forward to lots of years in the kitchen with my girls by my side!

Linda said...

What sweet girls, helping mom like that!

You are a good mom!

Erin said...

I am learning so much just from watching you "do life." Thanks for being an inspiring example!

And, happy birthday!

Linda said...

Check out my blog, I have an award for you!