I am loving the summer color in the garden. The bright orange daylilies line the border of the house by the garden. I have a few zinnias and a mass of cheery black-eyed susans that are great for cutting and bringing in for the table or kitchen window sill.

I wish I could cut and bring in one of the huge, bright pumpkin blossoms! They are so beautiful to me!

As for the more edible growing things... the onions, lettuce, and herbs continue to be my easiest and most successful crops this year.

We have had lots of fresh greens for all kinds of salads and garnishes... I am so thankful. I am continually amazed at how a bit of fresh garden produce can add such a powerful punch of flavor to a meal!
The tomato crop seems slow this year... Just this week I picked our first little yellow pear tomato, and one roma. Hoping for lots more!
3 comments:
Sounds nice. I am so sad about our tomatoes!
I have lost some totmaote plants. But the rest are doing ok.We have four small pumpkins.
This is Aunt Priscilla. I miss your blogs. Your garden is surely keeping you busy these days. It is kind of hard imagining warm summer days as I sit at the computer with a thick "bufanda" (kneck scarf) around my neck to keep me warm.
Post a Comment