This weekend our three oldest and their dad were invited to join our children's pastor and his kiddos for a little fishing trip.

The beautiful private pond was perfect for their first fishing experience.


It was truly "love at first bite". The boys were thrilled with the experience... and are continuing to ask when they can go again.

J caught a nice size catfish. He was so proud--but he preferred to let his dad hold it for the picture!

N was tickled at his catch of a blue gill. "Mom, he was not very big-- but he was strong! He was a FIGHTER!!"
Saturday a few of the "catch" (including that yummy catfish) made a delicious lunch. We savored every bite!
5 comments:
How precious! Looks like they had a lot of fun! :-) ~Emily
I am so jealous. A day of fishing would be so nice. But my gear is so old it would cost quite a bit to update/replace it.
Well, I guess we know what they will want to do on their weekends off...fishing. Of course, I don't blame J for not wanting to touch it!
Ewwwww........
I think this hobby could fit our family very well! This time, all the equipment was provided for them. I'm sure that it could be an expensive hobby-- but one that yields food for the fam, and the peacefulness of being in God's creation may make it all worth it. They/we were thankful for the experience... and we will see where it goes from here!
now it's your turn Tesa..and it will be a real "family affair"!
Post a Comment