Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A New Job




We've just acquired a wonderful reel-mower. And now, the boys have acquired a new job! I am thrilled they can begin a weekly routine of cutting the grass... and they have taken delight in being given the responsibility. At this point, their job is just the front yard... when they are old enough to push/ride the larger mowers they can "graduate" to mowing the big back yard.

Speaking of delight... I am truly amazed at the delight this young man finds in experiencing all types of work. He is "his father's son"! He is so eager to experience and try anything from mixing up dough in the kitchen, to trying his hand at installing a kitchen faucet. (above) I'm soaking in his enthusiasm... and waiting to see what plans the Lord has for this eager little boy!

4 comments:

Estee Renee said...

Tesa... I love it! But if he doesn't get that pipe connected tight you'll be "soaking" in something else (mainly water)...

Have a great week!

Jeff said...

Now those are some hard working kids.

Linda said...

These are good habits for those precious kids. I am so glad they are taking delight in work. Of course, if you enjoy what you are doing, it isn't work, it is fun.

Erin said...

Awesome!

We're thinking about doing more remodeling work, in the bathrooms this time. Would they like to come down for a visit this summer? ;-)