Monday, January 26, 2009

Tea Time

Last week I had the privilege of sitting amongst five very amazing women. For just an hour or two... no agenda... just interesting, inspiring conversations about books to read, health care practices, childbirth, baby names..."woman topics". The older kids organized themselves and played games. The younger ones toddled about, stopping by every so often to get a pat on the back or a little snuggle of reassurance from mama.
As we sat in our little circle, the mamas sipped tea--real tea--(not the kind that comes in a little bag)- served hot from one of two little glass tea pots into a pretty tea cup.
As I sat there enjoying a rare moment of adult company, I thought about how each of these women are excellent examples for me to follow. Each of them were home school moms. Each of them very careful, logical thinkers passing on wisdom and knowledge to their children.
A note of added interest: six mothers= 20 CHILDREN. Wow. Now that is impacting our world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a refreshing and lovely moment! Wish I could have enjoyed it with you.

Erin said...

Sounds wonderful! I love those moments and am glad you got to have that experience.

And... You have become one of those women to me, just so you know. ;-)