from These Happy Golden Years; by Laura Ingalls Wilder
It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Enjoying Winter
"Theirs was one of the line of sleighs and cutters, swiftly going the length of Main Street, swinging in a circle on the prairie to the south, then speeding up Main Street and around in a circle to the north, and back again, and again. Far and wide the sunshine sparkled on the snowy land; the wind blew cold against their faces.... The wind was blowing, but not too hard, and everyone was so happy and gay for it was only twenty degrees below zero and the sun shone."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tesa, I remember this exact part! I always thought, "oh, that is just crazy. How could it really have been -20?"
Well... last week I experienced -36 here in cold Minnesota. So I can kind of understand now!
Post a Comment