It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Traditions: Cookies
Making these little festive cookies is a Christmas favorite of mine.
A few years after we were first married, we stumbled upon this vintage cookie press at an antique shop. Just like Mom's. Had to have it.
A plate of these is perfect for when family is here for Christmas...visiting, sipping hot cocoa and catching up.
I think the memories are more delicious than the cookie.
Tesa, I received these amazing cookies from your family one year for Christmas and I have never forgotten them. They are absolutely wonderful! Would you be willing to send me the recipe in case I get a cookie-press of my own? (i am going to start searching now)
Summer, I'd be glad to send you the recipe! Keep your eyes open at the thrift stores- I have seen identical cookie presses there, too! Not very expensive, either!
6 comments:
You're taunting us! I can't wait! :-)
Of coarse I am! I'll try to hide them in the freezer... but you know we like to eat around here, so hurry!
Hummmm...I don't think we had any of these under our tree? Guess we'll just have to come to your house to try some! Maybe next year!
Have fun with the other side of the family.
Tesa, I received these amazing cookies from your family one year for Christmas and I have never forgotten them. They are absolutely wonderful! Would you be willing to send me the recipe in case I get a cookie-press of my own? (i am going to start searching now)
Summer, I'd be glad to send you the recipe! Keep your eyes open at the thrift stores- I have seen identical cookie presses there, too! Not very expensive, either!
I think I agree that the memories are more delicious than the cookies...but only by the slimmest of margins!
Post a Comment