A few of our favorites...
There are some "grown-up" stories buried in that pile too, like "Christmas in My Heart" compiled by Joe Wheeler. I have always loved "The Gift of the Magi" by O'Henry. "A Candle in the Forest" by Temple Bailey was added to my collection after my college literature professor read it aloud to us in class. Mine is a crude copy printed on 8 1/2 by 11 paper with a staple in the left hand corner, but perhaps someday I will add a beautiful copy to my collection like this one.
We have also found a few at the library that we have fallen in love with, and hope to add to our collection some day. Among them is "Becky's Christmas" by Tasha Tudor. Perfectly charming book! Sadly, I have discovered it is out of print. This will have to be a treasure we will hope to stumble upon at a yard sale or thrift store... or estate sale auction?? :)
1 comment:
You should start an Amazon wish list. I found both of the books you mentioned on Amazon, altho' "Becky's Christmas" has become a collector's item & is fairly expensive. The other is reasonable <$10 with shipping.
Love you!
Post a Comment