Friday, August 15, 2008

He reads.

One of the major goals of homeschooling last year was to develop a reader. The mission was accomplished.




J has become such an avid reader this summer, that he always has a book going and gets the jitters if he has nothing handy to read. L and N are becoming better friends now, because J frequently has his nose stuck in a book-- the other two are off on their own.



We decided to gather all the chapter books in the house that he has read this summer and take a picture. This is what we found. 35+ books.

In addition to these, he read several library books which have since been returned, as well as various picture books and a few other resources.

Keeping ahead of him has been a challenge. His reading level has become advanced enough that I am struggling to find books that are long enough and challenging enough to satisfy him, with out being too "mature" for him subject wise. He's only seven! I am finding the good old fashioned "antique" books are best- I have a weakness for those anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud that J is an avid reader. It opens so many doors. Keep it up J! Love ya!