Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cucumber Tomato Salad

A couple of times in the last week I have thrown together this simple, yummy salad:
(Sorry- no photo because Amazing Man ate it all up before I thought to take a picture)

Peel and chop one cucumber.
Dice one ripe tomato.
Finely chop a bit of onion- amount according to your liking.
Toss, and serve.
(The first time I made this I added a bit of salt and pepper. But, I don't think it needs it, so haven't been repeating it that way.)


Tonight, I added a few leaves of fresh basil and just a few tiny squares of mozzarella cheese.


Simply Delish. I may take this dish to the potluck at church on Sunday!


Disclaimer: Part of what makes this salad so yummy is the garden fresh ingredients. Except for the basil, ours came from the friends and the farmer's market...because my tomatoes still look like this:

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, at least you have a nice tall plant with 3 tomatoes...mine is still kind of short, but has 2 tomatoes on it. That big old tom cat still thinks the plant is his personal canopy, and the moist dirt his own 'cool' bed!

Erin said...

This sounds a lot like the salads I ate when I was in Russia... and they were delish! I may be tossing one up soon!

Erin said...

Wait... "tossing one up" doesn't really sound right, does it? My thought process was "tossed salad" but "tossing up" really has quite a different connotation, doesn't it? (I've been staying up too late watching Olympics! My brain is slow today!) Lol!!

Anyway... I may be "preparing" one for myself soon.

Darla said...

That sounds so simple and yet so delish!! I will have to try that.