- my feet are propped up on a basket of clean laundry that is waiting to be folded
- one son relaxing next to me with his nose in a book
- another son test driving/flying/flipping a lego creation around my feet and the room
- girls are playing tea party with a pretty china set grandma gave them
- babe inside me moving gently about, reminding me of his/her presence
- husband instant messaging me asking me how I am feeling
- traffic whisking down our normally quiet street at 4:09pm...it's everyone going home from the elementary school down the street...and I am once again so thankful for the blessed hours I have everyday with my children
- thinking about how I (well, I'm sure everyone does) compare myself to others and wrongly concern myself about being judged by others for my decisions
- thinking about my husband finishing up work and coming home for the day~ how I can make it restful for him
- thinking about dinner~ Mexican Monday at our house~ black bean tortillas, rice~ apple pie a la mode for dessert
- reminding myself to drink that glass of water sitting next to me before I get up off the couch!
It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Monday, August 20, 2012
What's going on right this moment...
As I sit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds pleasant! I'm sitting with my feet up after a long day in Hays, ate warmed up riblets from lunch, and trying to catch up on the blogs.
It won't be long!
Who cares what other people think? You are doing what's right for you and your wonderful family.
"wrongly concern myself about being judged by others for my decisions"
--Yeah, that hit me between the eyes! I think that because I put too much stock into what other people think of MY life that they must be doing the same to me AND...that they find me lacking. Vicious cycle. But you know who can stop that cycle? Me! And Jesus, of course.
Good thoughts!
~Jayme
Post a Comment