Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Zucchini Muffins

None of my squash plants survived this year.  Sad, because I was wanting pie pumpkins and the kids had requested pickles from garden cucumber.  My neighbor passed me a couple of large zucchini...so we are enjoying some zucchini goods this week.  This morning I had the urge to bake up some muffins.  Phil took one batch to work, the kids gobbled up batch number two, and a third batch will be stashed in the freezer (if I can hide it there before it gets eaten!)


Zucchini Muffins
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg

In another bowl combine:
1 cup suger
1 cup shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1/4 cup cooking oil (I used coconut oil)
1 egg

Add dry mix to zucchini mixture.  Stir just until moistened.  Spoon battered into prepared muffin pan (greased or lined with muffin papers) Bake at 350 for 18-20 min. or until tester comes out clean.  Cool for 10 min., then remove from pans. 

Makes about a dozen...but I only get 10 or 11 because I like full, tall muffins.
Can be baked as bread in a loaf pan for 55-60 minutes.
Freezes well!!
                  

No comments: