Monday, October 29, 2012

Redeeming A "Not-So-Good" Day

I usually don't mind Mondays.  Honestly, they are almost always my most productive day of the week.  But today is one of those "not so great" days:  the baby is fussy, the two year old won't take a nap, the dryer is broken so 4 loads of wet laundry are hanging everywhere...and I forgot to soak the beans for dinner. 
I'm having to be VERY intentional about thinking positive.  So, here goes:
  • The sun is shining and I can hang clothes outside.  
  • She didn't take a nap, but the two year old is not crabby...yet!  
  • Some extra snuggling helped the baby, and I was able to doze a little bit.  
  • Our classic "back up" meal is spaghetti.  Haven't served it for a while so everyone will probably enjoy it.
  • I did finish baking bread, despite the chaos this morning.  And there are cookies in the freezer.

1 comment:

Linda said...

It sounds like it turned into a productive day! I'm sorry your dryer isn't working. :(