Many days the papers strewn about the living room and the clutter underfoot and the needs of the home and the children all clamor for attention...and it literally makes my head feel ready to burst under the burden of all the needs...
yet deep in my heart I feel such true contentment and blessing that I have the privelege of teaching my precious children at home.
Yes, the mathematics and spelling, history and science are important...but even more so the responsibility of training them up in the knowledge and understanding of God's Truths. Being with them and guiding them during these hours of their day is such an amazing responsibility.
Deuteronomy 6:7
"And you shall teach them diligently unto your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up."
There are many days I do not feel adequate. There are lots of situations I feel like I don't know how to handle...those times I have to cling to the promise of James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all..." I don't know why then, I am continually amazed when the answers come.
By His grace I will continue on...one day at a time...grateful for each day before us.
1 comment:
You are a wonderful mom and teacher! What sweet pictures! We are all so proud of you and your family. We can tell by their demeanor's that you have a peaceful pleasant home in which to live.
We praise the Lord for you, Tesa!
Post a Comment