Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What I'm trying to remember...

And so the days and nights have passed and we have been enjoying getting to know this new little person that has joined our family. Tansy has such a sweet disposition. She is a delight. All the children love her to pieces. It is so fun to watch them bond and "claim her" as one of their own. She is a good baby...but adding a new baby has still been an adjustment for us.

I've had to remember how much time it takes to care for a wee little one... the nursing, changing, comforting and sometimes just snuggling.

I've needed to remember to relax: it's okay that the dirty dishes might sit a little longer, or I have to step over a little more clutter. What seems "urgent" is not always what is "most important".

I've needed to remember the importance of list-making: so that when opportunity arises I can see at a glance what needs to be done, but also so that at the end of the day/week I can see that I really did accomplish some things.

I've needed to remember that quiet moments are good for prayer and reading my Bible. I leave my Bible/reading where I sit to nurse so that reading a bit here and there is convenient and natural.

I've needed to remember that mornings are by far the most productive part of the day...so I must strive to use it wisely.

And most of all, I've needed to remember that mothering is such a short, sweet season of my life. I'm striving to find joy in it- even in the inevitable challenges that creep up every day.

1 comment:

Linda said...

This is a great post about the important things of life!