Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Out of Hiding


In the recipe file, this little gem was tucked away...waiting for a rainy day. Well, it was not raining today, but I was craving cinnamon roll goodness so decided to give this one a try. YUM. Why did I wait so long?? So glad the impulse hit to make a double batch with the intent of sticking a dozen in the freezer for a treat after baby arrives.

For the rolls:
1 and 3/4tsp yeast
1 cup warm milk
...dissolve for 10 min.

...then add and mix for 2 minutes
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
4 cups flour

Dough will be very sticky. Allow mixer to knead for about 5 more minutes. Let rise for at least 1 hour. (or overnight in the refrigerator). Roll out and sprinkle filling. Roll up, cut, and place on greased sheet or 9x13 pan. Let rise a second time, at least 1 more hour. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

For the filling:
spread 1/3 cup softened butter
sprinkle with mix of 1 cup brown sugar and 2 1/2 T cinnamon

Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze or frost with cream cheese icing, if desired. But in my opinion, fresh out of the oven they are delicious enough to stand alone!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda said...

I guess we are going to have to come after the baby is born! LOL! Of course, we will be there to meet the baby, not eat the yummy cinnamon rolls.

Joshua said...

I am ready for some right now. They look good!

Tesa said...

I'll have to say the "intent" was that some would make it to the freezer... there is NO GUARANTEE that they actually did!!!