Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Compositions

I have two somewhat reluctant writers in my "class". However, it seems that if we add something artistic to our writing practice, the experience is much more fun and tolerable. So, for your enjoyment, here are the latest compositions. The assignment was to choose an activity and give step by step instructions on how to do that activity. J chose to write "How to Vacuum" and N chose to write "How to Make a Peanut Butter Sandwich". You should be able to click directly on the pics to enlarge them.





When they were finished, I asked them to read their compositions aloud...and they had fun watching me proceed to follow their instructions. We had a clean carpet and a peanut butter snack in the end!

3 comments:

Linda said...

How fun was that!

Carole said...

I think it's neat that you followed their directions when they read their essays!

Erin said...

I love that N included cutting the sandwich in half... an essential step in making a peanut butter sandwich. :-)