Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hibernating

Another blizzard is headed our way... frigid temps and wind chills near 30 below, as well as several inches of new snow are expected over the next two days. This winter has been so incredibly harsh!

We have spent very little time outside, but we are delighting in our school work, lego creations, and several new board games from Christmas. Perhaps a long awaited science experiment will be the perfect thing for tomorrow.

I'm on a mission to duplicate a honey wheat loaf of bread like the one P and I tasted at a restaurant on our last date night...I need a few more tries at that. Visions of blueberry muffins are also dancing in my head- so tomorrow morning will be a yummy one. Turning on the oven to bake something- and then eating it- is my favorite way to spend a snowday.

P is anxious to keep momentum up finishing the boy's downstairs bedroom... so he will likely capitalize on the day off tomorrow and whittle that to-do list!

Anticipating a few days of hibernation because of the weather, we made a quick trip to the library tonight to pick up a load of books. Our living room bookshelf is now happily full of new stories and picture books to peruse as we watch the snow fly. Pillows, fleece blanket and mug for hot drink standing by...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like a perfect way to stay out of the cold. Have fun, enjoy the hot chocolate and homemade goodies.

Mary said...

I am sure that -30 can't be fun. However, I have to say you make it sound all very delicious.