I clipped a few branches and brought them in to enjoy. It sure doesn't take much to add beauty to a home, especially if you just take a few moments to find God's beauty, and highlight that!
A few years back I read the book Christy, by Catherine Marshall. This is the story of a young girl who traveled to the seclusion of the Smokey Mountains teach school. The people there were living in crude, poor conditions. Most of them had lived that way for so long, that they just became content with their lack. One of the things I remember most was her goal to teach them how to notice and appreciate God's beauty around them. They may have had nothing, but she showed them they could pick wild flowers to add beauty to their home. They could plant fresh herbs to add variety and flavor to their simple meals. They could put a doily on the table. They could live in the beauty of simpleness, even if they did not have many material things.
When God created me, He put in me a love for simplicity. I am just naturally drawn to simple pleasures. I am thanking Him for this. Praise Him for the simplicity of beauty I find in my back yard, in my children's faces, in delicious home-made bread, in being a stay-at-home mommy, in watching that robin sit on the branch outside my window singing his heart out...
Praise Him.
,
No comments:
Post a Comment