It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Breakfast Cookies
I have this fabulous oatmeal cookie recipe that has become a family favorite. They are some what of a staple at our house. We never tire of them. They are first choice every time. They are so good that, yes, I will admit, I have eaten one for breakfast. P gave me a very hard time about this one day- and I defended myself by explaining that it is no different- and even much more healthy- than eating a donut or muffin. The top ingredient in this recipe is Oatmeal. Whole wheat flour and chopped almonds increase the healthy benefits, as well as add a scrumptious nutty crunch. Breakfast cookies are very popular lately. I see them everywhere in the stores. The prices they ask for these delicacies are about the same it costs me to make 3 dozen of my own favorite recipe. Maybe I could go into business...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Like that is all you need, another job? Of course, we sure do like your "Breakfast Cookies" too. I could use one right now!
Is this the blog that went out to cyperspace?
Could you please pass the milk?
Funny but the word verification is mbttr (more butter?!?!) or MMMMMMMMM butter!!
If one wanted to be critical, the butter content in these cookies may bring down the healthy attributes- but the rest of America uses plenty of butter on their breakfast toast and pancakes that I am not concerned in the comparison. And my cookies are not deep fat fried, like donuts.
As for another job-
I have a bit of down time between 2 and 3 AM...so why not? :)
Post a Comment