Monday, February 8, 2010

Good Reads

One of my favorite reads out in the blog world is having a give-away today! Hannah, of Cultivating Home, has interviewed author Mary Ostyn and is giving away one of each of Mary's books.
One of Mary's books is titled "Family Feasts for $75 a Week", which I have checked out (and renewed several times already) from my local library. I found this an excellent book on meal planning, strategies for spending less, feeding large families, and delicious, non-time consuming recipes for home-made from scratch meals. This is the book that inspired me to try a two week meal plan- and only do major grocery shopping every two weeks.
Mary's other book "Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family" was inspired by Mary's family of ten children! I have read great reviews of this book online- and was disappointed that it is not at my local library. It has been on my wish list since I discovered it. For now, I pop over to Mary's blog and enjoy her stories about family, home school, spiritual encouragement, home organization and recipes!
Hannah's blog, Cultivating Home, has been an encouragement to me in areas of home school, raising young children, and simple, peaceful, beautiful living. Her blog is the type that I go to and come away feeling encouraged about God's call of motherhood in my life.
Visit their sites and be encouraged, too!

1 comment:

Carole said...

I heard about a couple of cook books called Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer (vol 1 & 2). Maybe you can find those in your library?

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Panic-Dinners-Freezer-Great-Tasting/dp/0800730550/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265674816&sr=8-1