It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Math Solutions
An important part of our math lesson every day is reviewing math facts. Flash cards are boring around here. It is much more fun to have a one minute fact sheet competition. (When I was a student they were called "timed tests" and I dreaded them- but the boys love it!) One of the solutions I have found for simplifying the paper waste that could occur when we do fact sheet after fact sheet every day is this: we use clear sheet protectors- slide the fact sheet for the day in the sleeve, then the kids use a dry erase marker to write the answers. After we check answers by reading them together out loud- we erase and then we can reuse each fact sheet and each clear sheet protector over and over again. Using clear sheet protectors for math fact practice...it's a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment