First on our agenda every school day is to read a chapter in our Bible story book. Our goal is to read through the highlights of the Bible in its entirety. Accuracy is important to me, as well as including all the important Bible stories. However, I want much more than just Noah's ark, and David and Goliath. The book we are reading right now does an excellent job of explaining Israel's story, God's promises to them, their unfaithfulness and the exile. It is basically a condensed, chronological Bible story book with pictures.
I have yet to find the ONE Bible story book that I love... but we have enjoyed the couple that we have gone through. Eventually, I would like to use the actual Bible text, rather than use a condensed version. But we are working to that gradually. I found a great source for that, and may try it again next fall. I attempted it a few months ago and my four year old politely asked when we could go back to the "picture Bible". :)
No comments:
Post a Comment