Monday, November 22, 2010

Keeping at home

And so the day ensued...
baking our daily bread,
multiple loads of laundry,
math and reading lessons,
baking chickens,
removing meat from baked chickens to freeze,
boiling carcass for chicken noodle soup,
making lists of all the "to-do's"
sewing Christmas gifts,
standing amazed at God's goodness,
washing dishes,
listening to Christmas music,
taking my shoes off for nap time,
snuggling in bed with my girls,
chopping veggies for making soup,
tending, changing, bathing, snuggling and feeding my baby dear,
listening to D read "Brown Bear Brown Bear",
playing a computer game with the boys,
baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies,
eating oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...

and now that I have written it all out...I can see that perhaps today was productive after all.

1 comment:

Linda said...

More productive than mine, but I did get some things done!

Don't eat all the cookies!

We are so looking forward to having all of you here! I love the holidays!

Tree goes up today. Making fudge and dump. Going shopping for all the 'extras'. Got to wrap some presents. Time to fill the stockings and hang them up. Lots to do today!