Okay, so it has been over a month or more scince I have planted the seeds for this blog- yet nothing has sprouted! I think I am attempting to be a bit too perfectionistic... but what plant starts out as amazing as a sprout as it is as a full grown blooming beauty? Every stage is amazing...
I have had a late start on my garden this year, much to my dismay. But, I have planted some seeds in pots to give them a head start until I can transplant them into the ground. I find such joy in examining those pots- one, two, even several times of day. My lettuce is about 3 inches tall- so are the cherry tomatoes and red bell pepper. What draws my attention, though is the tiny little sprouts of lavender- just beginning to pop out of the dirt. In the next pot over I am watching as the daisies decide they will rise out of their sleepy seed pods. Every day I count them... are there any new ones? are they any taller? are they in enough sun? is the soil moist enough?
I was reminded today of the same attentiveness My Father gives to me. I imagine that He longs for my growth, and rejoices over every tiny step I take in the process of becoming more like Him.
Growth... what a slow, mysterious process. There is beauty and excitement each step. My goal is to find pleasure in each stage of growth in my garden, and in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment