- Rachel Field's Hitty Her First Hundred Years adapted by Rosemary Wells~ I picked this classic out with the girls in mind, but we are all enjoying it as a read-aloud at bedtime. It is written from the point of view of a doll carved from mountain ash wood. The story chronicles the doll's adventures from owner to owner over years time.
- Honey for a Child's Heart; by Gladys Hunt~ imaginative use of books in family life
- Six Ways to Keep the "Little" in Your Girl; by Dannah Gresh~encouragement for raising confident, emotionally healthy daughters strong in their faith
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin~ one year old Tansy's current favorite
It is a great privilege to be a keeper of the home. This blog is my tribute to the joy of motherhood, the peacefulness of home living, and the beauty of family life.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Books, books, books
Here are a few titles on our bookshelf in the family room right now:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I always enjoy your book lists Tesa. Right now I am reading a book by Francine Rivers "A Lineage of Grace". I love her style of writing.
Hey Tesa!
Seems like you are doing well this summer. Your kiddos are all so cute and have grown so much! Just thought I would let you know that I have become hooked on Karen Kingsbury books this summer. I have read two five book series in the last two weeks and have started on the third. They are really "feel good" books with a great Christian message. Have you ever read any of her books?
Take care!
Sarah (Erin's cousin, just in case you don't remember me!)
I collect book lists!! Love hearing what other books people recommend!
Nichole~ I read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and enjoyed it very much. Gave me some things to think about about my relationship with my husband.
Sarah~ I have heard a lot of great reviews about Karen Kingsbury books, but I have not read anything by her yet. I know some of her books are in our church library...I'll look them up!
Post a Comment