Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Peeps

We have chicks!
Twelve fluffy little peeps are our new science project.

We brought them home as day-old chicks and in one week we have already seen them grow and learn. Their little wing feathers are growing in and tail feathers are starting to sprout, too.


Today Josiah constructed a roost for them to climb/sit on at the end of the brooder. We showed them how to sit on it and by the end of the day the little ladies were climbing up there on their own. These girls are expected to earn their keep in a few months! Looking forward to fresh eggs from our own back yard!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I couldn't see the pictures, but I can certainly imagine the kids and the chicks. I'm sure you will be making lots of 'egg' stuff!

Tesa said...

hmmm....the pics were there when I hit "publish" last night. They seem to have vanished into nothing. I'll see what I can do...

Carole said...

I was introduced to every one of them when I skyped the kiddos last week! LOL